Torment: Tides of Numenera is a game set in the world of Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG setting, Numenera. Torment continues the thematic legacy of Planescape: Torment, the critically acclaimed role-playing game from 1999 that's considered by many to be a hallmark for storytelling in computer RPGs. With Torment, we're creating a rich role-playing experience that explores similar deep, personal themes.
- A Deep, Thematically Satisfying Story - The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively.
- A World Unlike Any Other - Journey across the Ninth World, a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring visuals, offbeat and unpredictable items to use in and out of battle, and stunning feats of magic.
- A Rich, Personal Narrative - Thoughtful and character-driven, the story is epic in feel but deeply personal in substance.
- Reactivity, Replayability and the Tides - Your choices matter, and morality in the Ninth World is not a simple matter of "right" and "wrong". Torment is a deeply replayable experience that arises naturally from your actions throughout the game.
- A New Take on Combat - Plan your way through hand-crafted set-pieces which combine battles with environmental puzzles, social interaction, stealth, and more.